Architects, Designers, Creative
Agencies, Professional Services
I have worked with many architects, designers, and owners of creative agencies in the last 11 years. I love the passion that designers have for their profession and their craft. There is a special set of challenges in marrying business with the design mindset.
“Roland helped me put my work into a bigger context which defined the purpose of my business and brought clarity to my decisions.”
Take 5 minutes to complete my Free Is-Business-Coaching-Right-For-You-Quiz to help you decide if I am the right business coach and mentor for you at this stage of your business journey.
Does this sound like you?
These are some of the things I often hear architects and design professionals say:
- “I love creating amazing buildings (websites, offices, brochures, brands), but clients rarely want to pay for the time it takes to create… Good design takes time.”
- “My clients expect me to be at every meeting and to personally design every detail of their project, they insist on speaking to me personally instead of my staff.”
- “I don’t know which projects I make money on and which lose money.”
- “My staff earn more money than I do.”
- “Nobody in my practice has a clue what it costs to run this business.”
- “Clients use me as a free consultant and then they go shopping for the cheapest quote.”
- “I don’t seem to be able to move away from small alts and adds/ little websites… etc”
- “I’m always waiting to get paid”
- “I run around from crisis to crisis all day.”
- “I’m a designer, not an accountant.”
- “I just seem to be managing people these days instead of designing amazing buildings/ websites/ brands.”
Building a design agency that is founded on your passion and creativity can be especially tricky at times. Your clients come to you for your creative reputation and they often resist dealing with your staff. And turning a design practice into a profitable business while being true to your principles is a constant balancing act.
“Roland helped transform my business daydreams in to a practical, pragmatic and actionable plan… And then we made it happen”
What you can expect:
How I’ll help you build a business that stands the test of time:
- Implementing better bookkeeping, workflow management and project management systems. Your fingers on the pulse of all the key indicators of the health of your business, as opposed to keeping your fingers crossed.
- Developing absolute clarity abut the Purpose of your business; the reason your business exists and why anybody else would care about that. Know where you’re going and how you’re getting there.
- Building relationships with the right people. Referral marketing is the most powerful way to build your business.
- Developing marketing strategies that mean you get to build your business with the right type of clients. Clients walk in the door, wanting to do business with you.
- Developing and implementing Quality systems that allow you let people get on with things confident the work will be consistent. Make your agency or practice run like a Swiss clock.
- Developing better approaches to managing and engaging your staff consultants, so that you won’t have to stand there and watch them all day.
“Working with Roland transformed me and my business. It now flows. It’s less stressful and more enjoyable.”
If you recognise some of the statements above and you’d like to explore how I can help you overcome some of those everyday struggles, fill in the form below to book in a totally free, no obligation, Discovery Session with me via Skype
Follow this link to read about all of my business coaching programs
More about the various forms of business support, guidance and advice that are available to small business owners here